Tuesday, July 14, 2009

 

Fanatics


I was never an eccentric fan of celebrities. Yes I have enjoyed watching Amitabh movies and mouthing his dialogues; trying to moon walk and once screamed ‘Aoooooo’ which was not trying to imitate his signature scream but screamed in pain as I sprained my leg and could not walk for days after that; collecting Bruce Lee pictures and try to imitate his stunts and hurt my head with a nanchak. Till today I have Bruce Lee posters, which my wife would never allow me to display on the walls. She does not display any picture besides religious as it seems it would spoil the look of the wall. Never had the courage to ask whether a picture on the wall would spoil the wall, or me in the picture.

My house is situated in a building that has a recording studio, so have seen most of the celebrities. So whenever I hear a shriek or scream in my house I no longer try to get armed thinking it is an intruder, as I know it must be some celebrity who has come for a recording as they can be easily seen from my window. Somehow I never really understood what is that goes in the mind of fans when they see celebrities for real. Same goes with my wife and kids. My wife’s mind I have anyways never understood, as it is too complicated for my small mind to understand, but kids would be kids so their excitement when they see a celebrity is obvious. I remember when Sanjay Dutt had come and my daughter who was five years old refused to believe he was Sanjay Dutt as she was adamant to educate me his name was Munnabhai. Another time was with my son down the building and happened to see Boman Irani, and my son excitedly screamed “Papa see Mammu”. I was happy to know my son was graduating with his Hindi as he addressed everyone as Uncle, only to realize it was Mammu from Munnabhai. Then was when Arshad Warsi came, the way screams in the house shrieked ‘Circuit’, I thought there was short circuit in the electricity.

Once a friend came to stay with us and I was shocked to see the way he ran out of the house with his pajamas and I thought something must have gone wrong and ran after him to know what the problem was? Only to realize that Amitabh was down the building and he zoomed out of the house to zoom his camera to click a picture of his. Here was I ensuring him the best in hospitality of a home and good food and till today he has never clicked a picture of mine. A friend from US was the ultimate, who ran out of the house as if a marathon had flagged off from my house, to click a picture of a lady celebrity and to his bad luck she had gone inside the studio, and this guy clicks a picture of the door of the studio. Wonder what he would be explaining to his friends back in US with a picture of a door…………well if Bal Thackrey could flaunt that MJ had used his loo, I guess this guy could flaunt the picture of a door, and maybe claim that he was with her behind the closed door.

One day my son managed to strike a conversation with Saif from our window, who called him down to click a picture with him. His excitement was so high and the way he pulled me down the building with my camera, I thought an alien had landed and was about to take off in his flying saucer, till I saw Saif. I got all set with my camera to shoot a picture only to realize my camera did not have batteries. The way my son reacted in sadness was as if it was not the camera not having batteries, but I having no brain.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]