Monday, August 15, 2022

 

Should I only raise the flag?

Should I raise the flag this Independence Day, 
Or should I raise my voice and say? 
Say it so loud that my voice reaches far away. 

How good is it raising a flag just one day
When millions go hungry every single day? 

How good it is to wave the flag?
When there is no money in my bag? 
I am not poor, or need freebies, or charity
I only need my own money in a Bank with security 

I don't want politicians who raise hope
That end with farmers committing suicide with a rope

I don't care for promises of Good days called Acche Din
which is mainly all noise and only Din

I want my freedom to criticise a bad politician
With no fear of being slapped with defamation 

I want to speak against bad and wrongs in the nation
And not be scared of being slapped with sedition 

Do we truly believe that  a raised flag waiving
Will actually change India's standard of living? 

Will celebrating Indepence Day
be a celebration everyday? 
Celebration of a great nation today 
Not a mere celebration of a great nation that was yesterday

We take Pride and praise our leaders of yesterday
And what are our present leaders doing today?

Is it only respect for a flag of a nation, 
Or a hope for a future generation?

On this 75th Independence Day
Am I truly proud, or is it all about a flag that I will sway?


Comments:
Well written...
 
Brilliant one Sunny, you should switch to poetry.
 
Impressive and thoughtful. Great to see you glowing Sunny !
 
I am proud to be a citizen of this nation which was great yesterday.
I don't wish to celebrate Independence day for the leaders it has today.
 
Beautiful
 
Wonderful Sunny. You have hit the nail on its head. But the head (brain) of the politicians are numb.
 
Very well written
 
Superb 👍
 
Well written blog. Nothing has changed
 
Well written
 
Sunny the points you have raised are relevant and as citizens of this great country we all should all work together to get justice and self respect for all.
 
Superb very very well written and relevant
 
Coined it so well
 
Very well written 👏🙏🇮🇳 Agree to it 👍
 
Good article
 
Har Ghar Ke Andar Tiranga Hoga Jab Unke Paas Ghar Hoga
 
Very well written ….. agree to every word of it 👍 Thanks 🙏

 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]