Sunday, July 30, 2023

 

God does not answer 'your' prayers



I prayed to God for wealth
Instead he gave me health 

I prayed for a palatial house
Instead he gave me a home with a beautiful family

I prayed for material possession
Instead he ensured food on the table for my family and me

I prayed for precious stones
Instead he melted my heart of stone

I prayed for a happy life
Instead he wanted me to make people happy

I prayed to God to end war
Instead he asked me, "Who started it."

I prayed to God for good climate in the world
Instead he asked me, "Who ruined it."

I prayed to God for religious peace
Instead he asked me, "Who made these religions."

I prayed to God to eliminate hatred
instead he asked me, "If he hated me. If not why am I hating." 

I prayed to God to eliminate jealousy
instead he showed me, what I am blessed with

Angry not a single prayer answered, I told God "It would have been better if I had prayed to the Devil."

He said, "Devil would have granted all my greed and I grant exactly what is your need."

Comments:
Super true
Reminds me of Garth brook’s unanswered prayers
 
It truly is a reality check
Read it for my grandchildren at prayer time
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]